Check out the Craigslist ad for the “soon to be reopened” Glover Park Hardware store at 2233 Wisconsin Ave.:
“Helpful Hardware Folk” Needed – A Few Cool Hardware Stores
Compensation: Hourly rate commiserate with applicable experience.
Employment type: Full-time
Ace is the PLACE… A Few Cool Hardware Stores, Ace Hardware, is looking to hire energetic and hardworking people to join our team of dedicated customer service associates at our soon to be reopened Glover Park store. We are your neighborhood hardware stores with a mission to provide the best service to our customers.
1. Customer service delivered with enthusiasm and genuine interest in ensuring customer satisfaction
2. Communicating clearly, effectively, and politely with customers in store and over the phone
3. Stocking and receiving deliveries
5. Maintaining store appearance (includes dusting, moping, restroom cleaning, etc.)
*High school degree or equivalent
* Willingness to learn
* Team player
* A commitment to service excellence and customer satisfaction
* Ability and to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet business needs
* Must be able to lift 40 pounds frequently
* Ability to stand for an extended period of time (position is at least 90% standing)
* Works with a sense of urgency throughout shift.
* Retail experience preferred.
* Previous home improvement knowledge helpful
! Health insurance after eligibility waiting period for Full time
! 401k plan (after 1 year of service)
! Profit sharing (after 2 years of service)
! Employee discount
! ZipCar discounts
! Fun and active work environment
! Ability to grow with our store
Full-time and Part-time available. Applicants MUST be able to work weekends.
Start Date: upon store reopen
Please visit our website http://www.acehardwaredc.com/employment-opportunities.html to access the application and send to the email address indicated.
Due to the number of responses we are expecting from this post, we may not be able to respond to everyone that replies.