Balance Gym (2121 Wisconsin Ave.) is undergoing a renovation that will enlarge the gym’s weight training area, add a group exercise studio, and double the size of the space devoted to CrossFit Glover Park. The redo will also add indoor access to the gym’s lower-level workout area, which is now accessible only from outdoors. Space for the renovation will come from taking over two vacant office spaces.
The construction is expected to last for two months, but club management anticipates minimal disruption for members during that time. “Most of the work will be completed on our newly acquired space, with very little impact on the existing club during construction,” explains CrossFit director Emily Baskin.
Read Full Post »
Check out the Craigslist ad for the “soon to be reopened” Glover Park Hardware store at 2233 Wisconsin Ave.:
“Helpful Hardware Folk” Needed – A Few Cool Hardware Stores
Compensation: Hourly rate commiserate with applicable experience.
Employment type: Full-time
Ace is the PLACE… A Few Cool Hardware Stores, Ace Hardware, is looking to hire energetic and hardworking people to join our team of dedicated customer service associates at our soon to be reopened Glover Park store. We are your neighborhood hardware stores with a mission to provide the best service to our customers.
1. Customer service delivered with enthusiasm and genuine interest in ensuring customer satisfaction
2. Communicating clearly, effectively, and politely with customers in store and over the phone
3. Stocking and receiving deliveries
5. Maintaining store appearance (includes dusting, moping, restroom cleaning, etc.)
*High school degree or equivalent
* Willingness to learn
* Team player
* A commitment to service excellence and customer satisfaction
* Ability and to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet business needs
* Must be able to lift 40 pounds frequently
* Ability to stand for an extended period of time (position is at least 90% standing)
* Works with a sense of urgency throughout shift.
* Retail experience preferred.
* Previous home improvement knowledge helpful
! Health insurance after eligibility waiting period for Full time
! 401k plan (after 1 year of service)
! Profit sharing (after 2 years of service)
! Employee discount
! ZipCar discounts
! Fun and active work environment
! Ability to grow with our store
Full-time and Part-time available. Applicants MUST be able to work weekends.
Start Date: upon store reopen
Please visit our website http://www.acehardwaredc.com/employment-opportunities.html to access the application and send to the email address indicated.
Due to the number of responses we are expecting from this post, we may not be able to respond to everyone that replies.
Read Full Post »
From the September 2015 edition of the Glover Park Gazette:
Glover Park may soon be welcoming a new business at 2319 Wisconsin Ave., but its current tenant, Tennis Zone,
is not leaving, owner Ravi Shankar tells us. Although the building currently sports a “for rent” banner, “we are staying here, but we’re moving upstairs,” Shankar says. The storefront’s second floor is currently vacant. Landlord Remy Esquenet did not respond to requests for comment.
Tennis Zone now offers yoga wear as well as tennis equipment. At press time, the shop was planning to run a $20-off sale on women’s yoga and lifestyle apparel in September.
Read Full Post »