Lancaster Farm Fresh Cooperative, which delivers produce, herbs, and other farm products to members all summer, has changed its pickup location. With its former host, Glover Park Hardware, still building out a new location at 2233 Wisconsin Ave., the community-supported agriculture program will do its Glover Park dropoffs at Balance Gym (2121 Wisconsin Ave.) this year.
Full-season signups are open until April 24th, and the Summer CSA runs for 26 weeks from May through October. For more information or to sign up, visit lancasterfarmfresh.com or call 717-656-3533.
Posted in Glover Park, Merchants | Tagged 2121, 2233, 2251, Balance Gym, Glover Park Hardware, Lancaster Farm Fresh Cooperative | Leave a Comment »
Reed Landry and Fritz Brogan, both owners of The Mason Inn (2408 Wisconsin Ave.), will open a “modern American restaurant” together at 1336 U Street, according to the Washington Business Journal. The two men also co-own Mission Mexican restaurant (1606 20th St.) in Dupont Circle and the Georgetown nightclub Chinese Disco (3251 Prospect Ave.), formerly known as George. The pair have no plans to close Mason Inn, the paper reports. Last we heard, talks on a possible move from Mason Inn’s current location to 2412 Wisconsin Ave.—the vacant former home of JP’s Lounge—were ongoing.
Posted in Georgetown, Glover Park, Restaurants | Tagged 2408, 2412, 3251, Chinese Disco, Fritz Brogan, George, JP's Lounge, Mission, Reed Landry, The Mason Inn | Leave a Comment »
Below is the text of a press release we just received:
It’s official—Glover Park Hardware has a new home in the neighborhood! After a two month search, local hardware store Glover Park Hardware is pleased to announce they’ve found a new storefront at 2233 Wisconsin Ave NW.
The new Glover Park Hardware boasts 7,500 sq. ft. of retail space and is located just a few doors away from their previous location at 2251 Wisconsin Ave NW. Customers can expect to see movement in the store as soon as March, with an anticipated re-opening date of April 2015.
Store owners Gina Schaefer and Marc Friedman are thrilled to stay in the neighborhood where it first opened in 2005. “We love our Glover Park Community and we were committed to reopening in this neighborhood,” says Schaefer.
Updates regarding the new store location will be posted on their website at www.acehardwaredc.com, and will also be sent out periodically via email and social media. To receive information on the grand re-opening celebration and stay informed on the move, please contact us via email at email@example.com.
Posted in Glover Park | 2 Comments »
Keep an eye on your belongings when you’re out and about. Thieves have been making off with unguarded valuables lately. Some examples from recent police reports:
• On February 8, a shopper left her purse unattended in a cart in the parking garage at Safeway (1855 Wisconsin Ave.). She later discovered that she was missing $300 in cash, several credit cards, and a New Jersey driver’s license.
• On January 28, a shopper left her purse unattended in a cart at Whole Foods (2323 Wisconsin Ave.). A “suspicious female” in her 60s tried to take the cart and then apologized. Shortly afterward, the shopper discovered that her wallet was missing.
• On February 7, a driver stopped to fuel her Nissan SUV at the Washingtonian Gas Station (2450 Wisconsin Ave.). A black Hyundai with tinted windows and temporary tags pulled up next to her, and a man got out, opened her SUV’s rear door, and stole a leather bag containing a wallet, a sweater, a Pennsylvania driver’s license, and $15 in coins. The Hyundai then fled southbound on 37th Street.
• On February 12, a man at Georgetown Plaza (2233 Wisconsin Ave.), left his wallet and iPhone in an unlocked locker before taking a class. When he returned, he noticed the items were gone. Someone later tried to use one of his credit cards to charge $250 at a Safeway in Arlington, Virginia.
• On January 12, a woman at CorePower Yoga (2233 Wisconsin Ave.) found that her silver necklace, black leather boots, and iPhone had been stolen from a community storage area while she took a yoga class.
Posted in Crime, Glover Park | Tagged 1855, 2233, 2323, 2450, CorePower Yoga, Georgetown Plaza, Safeway, Washingtonian Gas Station, Whole Foods | Leave a Comment »
Glover Park Hardware (formerly of 2251 Wisconsin Ave.) “will reopen in the old LADO space at 2233 Wisconsin Avenue, hopefully by late spring,” according to ANC Commissioner Jackie Blumenthal. The LADO language school formerly occupied the ground-floor retail space next door to Breadsoda.
“This is terrific news,” Blumenthal posted to the Glover Park Yahoo newsgroup this morning. “Spread it around.” Done!
Posted in Glover Park, Openings, Real Estate, Services | Tagged 2233, 2251, Breadsoda, Glover Park Hardware, Lado | 1 Comment »
The Mad Fox Taproom (2218 Wisconsin Ave.) is slated to finally open this spring, more than a year behind schedule, according to the Washington Business Journal. Surprises during renovations of the aged building have created delays and raised construction costs from $500,000 to $1.3 million, reporter Rebecca Cooper writes. But soon, the uncovering of long-forgotten windows, hearths, and archways “will lead to an end result that is full of original brick, interesting architectural details and a relaxed, neighborhood pub feel,” she adds. The building is the former home of Mayfair & Pine.
Posted in Construction, Glover Park, Restaurants | Tagged Mad Fox Taproom, Mayfair & Pine, Rebecca Cooper, Town Hall, Washington Business Journal | Leave a Comment »
Intriguing ad popped up on Craigslist recently:
Glover Park/Georgetown Restaurant for sale – $275000 (Glover Park/Georgetown)
Fully operational restaurant for sale in Glover Park/Georgetown. Fully equipped kitchen. 30 seat dining room. Averages $15k in weekly sales.
Dry storage in basement. 3 room office/apartment on second floor.
If you know more, do tell in the comments!
Posted in Georgetown, Glover Park, Restaurants | 2 Comments »