St. Luke’s Shelter [at 3655 Calvert St., across from Guy Mason], a transitional shelter for 6 chronically homeless men, is looking for a part-time on-call staff aide to join our team in helping to provide a safe, sober, and secure environment for our residents. This person will fill in for shelter staff on a scheduled or emergency basis and must be able to work on a flexible basis.
• Be aware of personal health and welfare needs of residents, and encourage them to seek any needed assistance from their primary case managers.
• Observe and provide appropriate crisis intervention to residents when needed.
• Conduct intake and exit interviews with residents.
• Conduct house meetings as needed.
• In coordination with residential supervisor, other shelter staff aides and the shelter director help lead life-skills groups for residents.
• Maintain accurate shift notes; resident warnings; and critical incident reports.
• Ensure the policies and procedures of St. Luke’s Shelter are carried out correctly.
• Help identify, along with shelter aides, director and residential supervisor, areas for program growth.
SCHEDULE: This is an on-call position, so candidates must be able to work on short notice. The shelter is open from 6 p.m. to 7 a.m. every day of the year, including holidays.
Desired Qualification: Experience working or volunteering with individuals who are homeless, and/or have history of mental illness or substance abuse.
HOW TO APPLY
Email resume and coverletter to Kate Murphey at email@example.com.